End of Open Source Course

Last issue for OSD600

This was the last week for open source course.
Tony and I fixed one more issue for it.
Issue: #468 Add more test cases to sanitize-html.test.js
Pull request: #486 Add test cases for sanitize-html
In order to fix this issue, I spent some time to understand the sanitize-html.
Sanitize-html is used to clean up user-submitted HTML, it will remove unwanted CSS. They have some default tags as below.


Conclusion of OSD600

Time ran so fast, this week is the last week of this semester. I checked all the posts I wrote from the beginning of this semester. I wrote more than 10 blogs for this course in this semester. 
Remember the first class of this course. I didn't know what is open source. After the introduction of this course, I was scared cause this course we need to fix the publish issues. I don't think I can do it. I am not very good in programming, I didn't do any project by myself. All the experience I had at that time was from the assignment I did. 
After one or two weeks, then our professor said we need to join the Hacktoberfest2019
Click here you can see the first blog I wrote for Hacktoberfest. 

Hacktoberfest required us to do 4 contribute in Oct 1 to Oct 31. There is only one month to do it. That mean I need to fix at least one issue per week. I though it was imposible for me to do it. However I did it. I was so happy when I got the stuff they mailed to me.


After Hacktoberfest, we need to do internal project -- Telescope. As a student who didn't have any experience for project, It was hard for me to stepped into it. I kept thinking I need to work on frontend stuff cause I got some experience in my coop term. However, I did everything for backend. I have never though I can do backend stuff. Finally, I did it.
Here is how our previous Telescope look like:


This is what we did so far:

I learned a lot in this semester. very happy to work with my classmates. I am very appreciated that my professor, my collaborators who gave me a hand when I have problem. This course bring me a lot not only the new knowledge, but also the communication skill. I become more confident to work on the issue in the future. I will keep working on some external issues to improve myself in the future.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd pull request for Hacktoberfest

OSD600 3.0 Telescopen update

OSD600 Release 3.0 Telescope